Kiwi, Grapefruit and Crab Salad
- 4 kiwis
- 1 large grapefruit
- 7 oz fresh crab meat
- 1 inch ginger root, freshly and thinly grated
- 1 lime zest
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2.5 to 3 Tbsp Massimo Gusto Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp coriander, chopped
- 1 dash of piment d’Espelette
- 1 pomegranate
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh mesclun salad (tossed in a vinaigrette made of Massimo Gusto Olive Oil and white Massimo Gusto Modena Balsamic Vinegar infused with thyme and garlic cloves)
- Peel the kiwis and dice them.
- Peel the grapefruit and remove any white parts. Dice it as well.
- Take the seeds out of the pomegranate and place them in a bowl with the kiwis and grapefruit.
- Chop the coriander and mix it in.
- Add the crab and mix gently.
- Peel the ginger and grate it very thinly. Grate the zest of 1 lime and squeeze the juice of the lime.
- In a bowl, mix together salt, pepper, the lime juice and zest, ginger, the Piment d’Espelette and the Massimo Gusto Extra Virgin Avocado Oil. When you are ready to serve, season the crab preparation with this dressing. You can serve this appetizer as is on plates, or use ring molds to make a more elegant presentation.
- Top the appetizers with the seasoned fresh mesclun salad.