Health Benefits of Our Oils
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Olive oil is one of the main components of the MEDITERRANEAN DIET which has long been promoted for its NUMEROUS HEALTH BENEFITS.
- Extra virgin olive oil (which consists mostly of monounsaturated fat) is minimally processed, so it retains extremely high levels of antioxidants, including vitamin E and a compound called oleocanthal. A 2005 study published in the journal Nature found that this compound has anti-inflammatory properties similar to ibuprofen. Researchers believe that eating olive oil in moderation may help reduce inflammation in the body over time.
- Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fat, which research suggests may help prevent or slow down the cognitive decline associated with diseases like Alzheimers.
- A diet rich in extra virgin olive oil may deliver greater and longer lasting weight loss results than a low-fat diet.
- Eating extra virgin olive oil as part of a balanced diet may help prevent or delay the onset of diabetes.
- Since extra virgin olive oil assists in the prevention and/or reduced impact of so many diseases - including certain cancers - it's no exaggeration to say it may even help you live longer. Not bad for something that's also delicious!
Grape Seed Oil
- A nutritional dynamo, the avocado is considered to be one of Mother Nature's best fruits. The oil is expelled from the fleshy pulp surrounding the avocado pit and contains a power pack of nutrients - all good for the body.
- Monounsaturated fat makes up 75% of the fats in avocado oil which is also a necessary fatty acid. These fats are known to lower the LDL and help elevate the HDL.
- Avocado Oil is also packed with lots of vitamins containing high levels of Vitamin A, E and D which contain antioxidant compounds that intercept free radicals and help maintain the healthy cell membrane structure.
- It also contains high levels of Vitamin B also known as the Happy Vitamin. Vitamin B helps elevate your mood and gives your body energy.
- Researchers believe Avocado oil may have anti-ageing properties like those attributed to olive oil.
- All in all avocados contain nearly 20 beneficial vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, making it a good nutritional choice.
Grape seed oil has several important health benefits. It is a good source of essential fatty acids and vitamin E. The polyphenols and flavonoids found in this oil contain strong antioxidant compounds. Most of the grape seed oil health benefits can be attributed to the presence of these nutrients. These health benefits of grape seed oil are enumerated below:
- The flavonoid 'oligomeric procyanidin', found in grape seed oil is an incredibly strong antioxidant, about 50 times stronger than antioxidants like, vitamin C and E. So, this compound can provide protection against cellular and tissue damage caused by free radicals.
- Grape seed oil can boost the health of the heart and the cardiovascular system by lowering the level of bad LDL cholesterol. This oil can increase the level of good HDL cholesterol, which can reduce the risk of coronary diseases.
- Grape seed oil contains linoleic acid, which is a polyunsaturated fatty acid that can prove beneficial for people having diabetes.
- Grape seed oil can help strengthen and repair damaged or broken capillaries and blood vessels. This in turn, can help to improve circulation and alleviate conditions like, varicose veins, spider veins and hemorrhoids.
- Grape seed oil has anti-inflammatory properties, for which it can provide relief against pain and swelling caused by arthritis. Even in conditions like, rheumatoid arthritis, this oil can provide great relief.
- Many studies show that grape seed extracts help in preventing colon, prostate, stomach, breast and lung cancer cells. Antioxidants found in grapeseed extract, help in preventing cancer.
- Grape seed oil can also prove beneficial in conditions like, asthma, allergies, acne and dermatitis.
- Omega-3, Omega-6, and Omega-9 are the fatty acids found in this oil. These fatty acids benefit us by forestalling any heart diseases and influence the biological properties in our body.
- The oil from grapeseed helps the immune system and increases the blood circulation as well.
- After any surgery or an injury, the oil reduces the swelling faster than any other medicines.
- Flavonoids found in grape seed oil work to inflect cell-signaling pathways. Oregon State University states, "The Flavonoids have an antioxidant behavior that responds to iron and copper that bond to proteins".
- Grapeseed is mildly astringent in nature and helps to tighten and tone skin.
- Grapeseed contains proanthocyanidins, which are very potent antioxidants, that help in diminishing the sun's damaging effects and lessen free radical damage.
- Grapeseed oil is also helpful for healing wounds. It is rich in linoleic acid levels, which is an essential fatty acid that is quite important for the skin and cell membranes.
- Grapeseed oil has great moisturizing properties.
The FDA has not evaluated the health statements on this website. They are for informational purposes only and not a substitute for medical advice or treatment. If you have or suspect you have a medical condition, please contact your health care provider immediately.