Salads & Dressings
Mango, Avocado and Black Bean Salad
- 15 oz. canned, no-salt-added black beans (1 can), drained, rinsed
- 15.25 oz. canned, no-salt-added or low-sodium whole kernel corn (1 can), drained, rinsed
- 1 cup avocado (1 medium or 2 small), halved, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 mangos (about 2 cups), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces OR
- 1/2 small red or white onion (about 1/4 cup), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 or 1/2 jalapeño pepper, stems discarded, seeded, finely chopped, optional
- 3 Tbsp. fresh or bottled lime juice
- 1 Tbsp of Massimo Gusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Wash and dry lettuce, then chop or tear into 2 inch pieces and divide into 6 bowls or plates.
Combine the black beans, corn, mango, avocado, onions and jalapeño pepper. Do not mix until you add the dressing.
Combine the lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, chili powder, black pepper and salt together in a jar with a secure lid, shake together until mixed well and pour over the mango and avocado mixture.
Toss gently to coat and serve over the lettuce and mixed greens.