Soups & Stews
Tortellini Tomato Spinach Soup
- 1 tablespoon of Massimo Gusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Massimo Gusto Pure Grape Seed Oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion (about 1/2 small onion)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 -6 cups chicken broth or 4 -6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 (9oz) package fresh tortellini or 1 (9oz) package of dried tortellini
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 10 ounces fresh spinach or 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted and chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
In a soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
Saute the onion and garlic, stirring often until onions are translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Add broth and tomatoes, turn heat up to high, and bring to a boil.
Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions.
When tortellini is almost done, add spinach and taste, adjusting seasonings with salt and pepper.