Soups & Stews
Tortilla Soup with Grilled Chicken
- 2 6-inch corn tortillas, cut in half, then into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 8-ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 6 ounces cubed grilled skinless chicken breasts, cooked without salt, all visible fat discarded
- 1 small yellow summer squash (about 4 ounces), diced
- 1 small zucchini (about 4 ounces), diced
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon salt-free all-purpose seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of Massimo Gusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Massimo Gusto Pure Grape Seed Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the tortilla strips in a single layer on the baking sheet. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until crisp.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring the remaining ingredients except the Cheddar to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes. Serve sprinkled with the tortilla strips and Cheddar.